- How old do you need to ride an electric bike?
All riders much be at least 13 years of age. Anyone under the age of 18 must wear a helmet and be accompanied by an adult.
- Where is the best parking?
- Portola Hotel – in the downtown Monterey parking garage.
- Cannery Row and Breakwater Cove – San Carlos Beach Park. This is the cheapest paid parking in Monterey at $1.50/hr or $10 all day.
- Lovers Point – Free 2-hour parking at the park.
- Steinbeck Plaza – Parking garage on Foam Street.
- What do we wear for our kayak tour/rental?
We outfit you with splash gear consisting of pants and a slip-over jacket, dependent on the weather. The material is designed for warmth, and a life vest is worn over the jacket. You can wear shorts, or workout pants, and a t-shirt underneath; a single layer of clothing is best, and barefoot is perfect.
- Do you have lockers on site?
Our water shops (Cannery Row, Breakwater Cove, & Lover Point) have cubbies for any layers and non valuables. Anything valuable can be left in the car or kept behind the counter with our sales associates.
- What if I want to take my phone on my kayak tour/rental?
Dry bags are included with every kayak experience at Adventures By The Sea. This is perfect for taking your cell phone for photos while out on the water!
- How old do I need to be to go kayaking?
Must be at least 5 years old to kayak with an adult in a tandem boat and at least 14 years old to go in a single.
- Are locks and helmets included with the bike & electric bike rentals?
- Are you handicap accessible?
Yes, our Breakwater Cove location is Handicap accessible for kayaking.
- Do the bikes have baskets or some place to store my personal items?
All of our bikes have pouches in the front that is perfect for a few snacks, a cell phone and a wallet. Each bike also have a standard water bottle holder.
Call our main shop for any further questions or for assistance with booking your adventure!